Wanted Dead or Alive

 
 Advertising is a big business in this country. No matter what you're trying to sell, from books to laxatives, a little advertising can go a long way in helping the bottom line. Unfortunately so much of what is advertised comes with a disclaimer of some sort. You see it a lot in those lawyers ads where they're trying to get you to sue some drug company or in the ads for selling gold or silver or any number of other things. The main message is huge and there at the bottom of the TV screen in print so fine that you have to sit on top of the television to even see it is the disclaimer. Then, unless you're a speed reader of uncommon ability they whisk the message off before you can read it. It seems to be the American way anymore. It didn't used to be this way. America used to lead the world in integrity. The words, Made In America were something that was sought after. It meant you were getting a quality product. Unfortunately, in many instances the bottom line has meant more than having a good name. I've personally experienced several situations where I had work done on my vehicle or boat and paid a bundle for it only to experience the same problem that I had just paid to get fixed. It's terribly frustrating. Commercial air travel is another issue with me. In order to squeeze more dollars out of each flight, the airlines are putting more seats in the same amount of space, thus crowding all the passengers together, making everyone's experience one that they wish they could forget. I'm mentioning all this because just yesterday I finally got around to opening a box that Dennis Rush had sent along with the gurdies that he had repaired. Enclosed was the poster above, as well as an invoice and a detailed description of all the work that he had done to the gurdies. Not only that, but he enclosed two tubes of food grade grease to use to grease the gurdies, as well as some spare nuts and bolts and extra O-rings for the valves. Do you realize how unusual that this kind of service has become? Before sending the gurdies to me he had called and asked if I needed any fishing gear from one of the fishery supply stores because I could save some money. Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty! I gave him a call and thanked him yesterday. I hope that with every fish I land using those gurdies that I remember the care and skill and integrity that went into repairing them and that I treat those fish like the professional I'm supposed to be so that by the time they reach the dinner table, whoever partakes of this Alaskan seafood will be blessed, like I have been by Mr. Rush.


Comments

  1. Sounds like an amazing business man, and hopefully he is blessed as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he is blessed Autumn. He said he has quite a bit of work lined up. When you do the quality of work that he does, people find you. One of the best advertisements is word of mouth. I heard about him from a commercial trollers web site and was sold by the review I saw.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sick Pack

The End of an Era

Clear but Cold